Thursday 16 November 2006

Are we Martians......

My oh my...What a day it has been...From the point I evoked my self today early morning till the moment I'm trying to slumber off tonight...
Trying to juggle among my resposibilities and sheer conscience at my working place is a hard thing to do...We are expecting a inspection from a major oil company which comes in to check whether we(the firm) is adhering to an already damn strict international regulation...My boss is running up and down, breathing on my neck...Y this,,Y that...What are you going to do...And the thought of failure of the inspection would have adverse effect on my career,it really makes me grumpy..
I have to ensure all my staff are doing 110% effort,at the mean time ensuring their are not drained of...But it's a great experience all together...To have a boss who guides you,to have good subordinates really needs the effort from us to pull it off...As I grew more in this field,I've learned how to really manage something....Hope one day it ends on a higher note..But there were things today which really pissed me off....
The moment I wake up, the first thing I'll do is to open the Tv channels...I enjoyed the morning newspaper reviews...But these few days that enjoyment has been marred by this Idiotic assembly going on...At first I tried to follow all the ongoing..But as day turns, what I was expecting is turning into a nightmare..It's just like watching the 'Ramarajan" movies those days,or even the return of Nightmare on Elm Street...
I thought at the assembly they would talk of the hope of reviving the economy, a 180 deg turn from last years assembly..Turned out worst..This year they actually paraded a weapon,named it and gave a song for it...For whom the keris was...For the most outspoken opposition or what...
It's against the basic law of any country to threat people and these guys are doing it as if they are our Ah Longs...
The joke was,they say they have been tolerating us,sacrificing for us all these donkey years...Funny eh...Did any of us went to a Uni with their help...I certainly did not...I don't even been attached to a Uni...The only Uni. I've been, was to University Hospital...But god help,I managed my way up in a different way,worked my ass off..climbing the hard ladder to be a engineer,a proud senior engineer now (self promoting).
Sometimes I pity my father..The old man did well, even though some of my brothers would disagree..He send all his 5 "pancha pandava' sons to be trained, to be an engineer with his own expense...And mind you he was just a Tamil school teacher those days...i owe him a lot...But the point is, education grows to be more expensive now days...how are we going to pay for our kids education...Our hope of public Uni. might have been and would not even in near future exist in our mind,judging the country atmosphere now..Better save some money and open up a college so I can enroll my kids there for free...
After work,i had a long conversation with my boss...Started off with the incoming inspection,then it went about our staff and it went on a long walk about the M'sia atmosphere...
You see,my boss is a African origin and this guy is very good as per education wise,PR wise and mentally sound...He has been working in Malaysia since 1977,I was born on that year...
He knows more about how M'sia grew from a barnyard to a leading nation...As a expatriate,he also knows about other countries well.What he told me today was, "Boy...You better find youself a second plan,just incase near future, the M'sia atmosphere is not condusive for you to live..The things happening now is leading your nation to self destruction..You better plan something beforehand.." It took me awhile to grasp what he meant..He had a point..You see,he experienced a near same experience in his country..it broke them apart..That rising nation,an African country is now still struggling,except for their football..I know I am going to sleep tonight thinking all this in my mind...Hope the almighty shed some light on me tonight...
But frankly Jo...my mind is still not peaceful after watching todays assembly..I guess I've reached my threshold..No more assemblies from tomorrow onwards..maybe a movie perhaps...Chow...got to sleep..a lot of work tomorrow...

No comments: